Monday, October 15, 2007

"Ik ben vandaag zo vrolijk, zo vrolijk, zo vrolijk. Ik ben behoorlijk vrolijk, zo vrolijk was ik nooit."

Saturday night I realised I should've been grumpy. At leást grumpy.
But I wasn't. Not at all, actually. Not a single cell in my body.

That morning, when I was trying to leave for a football match, I realised my bike had been stolen during the night...

- I will miss you, my loyal and brave little golden bike, with the old pink peeking through the paint. Thank you for serving me all those years, appreciate it very much. I do hope your new owner will be good for you-

Anyway, it's a complete mistery. Which human being, with brains, would want to have my bike?? It was a complete wreck, a rusty disaster on two wheels. Lately, when I was using my bike, people started to turn their heads. And I think you can say residents of any Dutch city are used to quite something, talking about bikes...
To make things worse, we, at that time, number 1 of the competition, needlessly lost 3-1 from the number two... But I was still happy when the game was over. The trick's probably that sunny fall weather. Or that double lp full of music of Herman van Veen I bought last week, for one euro.

Ooohhh. That sunny fall weather. Persistent for almost two weeks now. It made me bike to, plus through, The Hague, and on through the dunes, to Leiden, yesterday. Crispy leafs crunching under my tires.
Hé, kleine meid op je kinderfiets...

The only thing. Loads and lots, lots (!) of people. At some points they scared me in some way.
It made me long for Canada, where I would have my own forest ; )
Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed being where I was, extremely hard. It's just, some moments the people in this world, myself included, are dissapointing.

Mhmm. Looks like a kind of depressed end of this post. But I'm not, I asure you:
Vandaag ben ik zo vrolijk. Zo vrolijk. Zo vrolijk. Ik ben behoorlijk vrolijk, zo vrolijk was ik nooit! Ik was wel vaker vrolijk, heel vrolijk, heel vrolijk, maar zo behoorlijk vrolijk, was ik tot nog toe nooit.

6 comments:

Lotte said...

vrolijk = gay, happy, merry, cheerful, brisk, buoyant, lively, bustling, jolly, sprightly, full of joy, high-spirited.

behoorlijk = quite, rather, very, highly, quite, pretty, fairly, considerably.

I think you get the point of this song.

Anonymous said...

hey, writing your own comments?
="^_^"=

it is okay for me to add one, i suppose ...

"Give me ambiguity, or give me something else"

Ben Bentvelzen

Anonymous said...

verblijd u in de Heer te allen tijde! kusje reempje

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Ben! kusje voor u 2!

Lotte said...

Wow.
Wat een gezelligheid! Blijkt toch dat er, onverwacht, toch meer mensen meelezen dan ik soms denk.
Mooi!

Anonymous said...

valt weer mee he?! jij hebt echt fans hoor Lot! ;) xje