Thursday, December 27, 2007

Brugge, Belgium

Around five, six, weeks ago, I travelled to Brussels, by train, where I was supposed to meet Veerle (my 'African' friend from school). We enjoyed ourselves in the capital of Belgium that day till we had to take the last train towards Brugge, where she and her parents live. Brugge's whole centre is UNESCO heritage, and there are lots of café's, bars and pubs, so I stayed for a couple of days :) It was a kind of cold, but I enjoyed some home-cooked Belgium meals, some movies, lots of Belgium specials, Veerle's (/everybody's) company and Brugge itself. So, thanks guys!




Manneken Pis, in Brussels

The royal palace, with Belgim flag, in Brussels

Brussels
Brugge (from now on)








Tourists in all kinds and sizes

Brugge, as seen from the tower Belfort (366 steps up)


Mhmm. They came up with a couple of hundred Belgium special beers. Hot waffles with sugar. Chips. And Belgium chocolate, mixed in this pancake on at least three different ways!
Right now I'm at my parents place, where I did spend my Christmas days, and the ones around them. Soon I'll be in the train to Delft, where I need to get some things done, pack some other things, and than I'll get into a bus for the whole night to.... London!! I don't need to work this whole week, and Veerle arrived there yesterday, so we're gonna have some more fun in the United Kingdom. Till Sunday.
By the way, is spend with a 't' or a 'd' ?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

'spend' is correct...but if you had left out 'did' you then would write 'spent'. Happy New Year! Leisbet (Leanne's mom):)

Veerle said...

dag schat,
bedankt voor de mooie foto's
en voor de mooie tijd samen in london!
ik ben alweer lekker thuis, terwijl jij nu nog uren op de bus tussen leven en dood vertoeft...

dikke kus
en gelukkig nieuwjaar!!
veer

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Ms. Lotte,
I just am loving your photography!!! Maybe that is what you could do with your life...become a professional photographer...travel the world and discover...all while making a living. You could be an above ground and underwater photographer both...now that you are a scuba diver!!!
Hope all is well with you.
Warm hugs,
Love,Me

Anonymous said...

Lotje!
Happy new year! Bedankt voor je kaart, leuk zeg! Dikke kus voor het nieuwe jaar! Jij komt ook overal! België, London, wereldreizigsterlotje.nl haha!
xje reempje

Lotte said...

Dear Leisbet,

I'm quite surprised to find you reading my blog! What a nice surprise...
Congratulations with Ava!!
And a very happy and healthy new year to you too.

Lotte

Anonymous said...

> Maybe that is what you could do with
> your life...become a professional
> photographer...travel the world and
> discover...all while making a living.

Yeah, get a job at National Geographics or whatever company that makes those magazines with cool photo's... !