Sunday, February 6, 2011

Malawi.



View from my bedroom-window in Nkatabay.


Zomba Plateau.








Mnt Mulanje, trying to hide.

Thyolian Tea (as in, tea from Thyolo).


Thyolo District Hospital.

With Christmas, we (my dad, our guide Peter and I) climbed Mnt Mulanje, which turned out to be quite slippery during the rainy season, and is a steep climb, year-round.


Departure from Chitakale (at the foot of Mulanje): Tuesday 8am

Arrival, with a big nightbus, Nkatabay: Wednesday 4.06 am

Woei! Uhu, this was our hut... :)

After a few lazy days, we were on the way to:

Nyika Plateau!

I know. I'm cheating. Because I'm not even close to Malawi at the moment; have been home for a little more than 4 weeks now. But I guessed at least some of you wanted to see a little of Malawi...

5 comments:

Lotte said...

Speciaal voor je verjaardag, Veer. Van harte!

Veerle said...

Ohhh! Super lief!
Bedankt voor de mooie foto's en de mooie herinneringen samen!
Dikke kus en tot je binnenkort komt overvliegen :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thanks so much for sharing...your photos are phenominal to say the least...I love the sunset ones...well I love all of them. The "hut" is incredible...do you happen to have any photos from the inside??? I am sure you can recall all the details in your mind any how!!!
Again, thanks so much for sharing...I do truly appreciate it!!! Next time...shall we go together...I know I am not as brave as you and am a little more high maintenance...but it might work??!!!
Hugs from me to you xo

Anonymous said...

ow, zit ik hier in mn luie stoel
en kijk naar onweer en modder in Malawi !
dwaal in gedachten door de bergen,
blader terug in je blog
en herinner me Polen en Slowakije,
blader terug in mn herinneringen
en zie jouw glimlach, glimlach ik ongemerkt om je.
groet je, van Ben B (Delft)

flo said...

Wow de druppeltjes op t beestje! Nicenicenice!