Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend


Last week was a week filled with sun, and because I have to walk anyway (the tire of my bike is still flat) I took my camera with me each time I needed anything in town. This is the army museum and on the left you can see a tourist boat poppin around the corner; they're everywhere, always...

Here you see 'the Old Church' in Delft, it stand in an angle, because it was build on two different layers of ground/soil/earth. And our flag; beautiful :)


As you can see, my room mate Gerdien got married last Friday and it was a beautiful sunny day. I had the encredibly important job to help her get into her dress and make sure that she would make it down our five stairs safe and, especially, clean. And, how shocking, at the end of the day, I cought (catched?) her flowers... They were thrown só fast, that I wasn't able to dive away fast enough; they hit me on the head!
On Saturday I didn't have to play; the other soccer team cancelled the game, because they didn't had enough players. It gave me the change to give my ankle some time to fix itself. I went to my parents, by train, and took the car and my sister to the forest and dunes. Because of recent rain, it smelled nice everywhere!


The dunes, with the tank wall from World War II and a drop on some fruity thing


Yes, I admit we did some illegal stuff. We were wearing the safety jackets because of the rain, and later just for the fun. Most thrilling here in the Dutch 'wild' parts of our country is the chance of walking into some kind of forest/nature officer, who can give you a ticket for not walking on the path...


I spend a nice and quiet Sunday at my parents place too. I took this picture after I parked my bike, at the central station of Leiden (where my parents live). It's just one out of many, many rows with bikes.
Now I'm gonna take a shower, just came home from soccer, we lost but we played a good game. And then it's time for some studying again.

Bye, Lotte

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lotte,

Thank you for your sweet comment about our parenting!

I can't believe the bikes!! Finally I see what you've tried to explain to us...that is a sick amount of bikes. You still must take a picture of a bike in the canal, that will make me laugh! Holland is so beautiful...that picture you took of the rain drop on the flower is so AMAZING and should be framed or entered in a photography competition...wow!

Leanne

Anonymous said...

Ha Lotte,
Blijft leuk om je verhalen te volgen. Mooie foto's trouwens. Met name de druppel is een plaatje.
Ik lees dat je ouders tegenwoordig in het centraal station van Leiden wonen!!! Meestal zijn dat toch daklozen die daar gebruik van maken;-)

Groet oom Kees

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Lotte,
I am really enjoying the sights of the Netherlands...it looks very beautiful there!!
I cannot believe the number of bikes that are there...WOW!! If you hadn't have included that I would never have realized.
Sounds like you are keeping very busy with school and lots of extra curricular activities!!...those are the best!
Hope all is well...keep up the great work on the blog...I know we are all really enjoying it.
Warm hugs,
Tammy