Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Texel 1

Still have to tell something about the week at Texel. I will take a picture of a map of the Netherlands, so I'm able to show where it was (for the Canadians amongst the readers). For now it's just stories and pictures in the post below.
Saturday 22nd after soccer (we won again; 4-1!), I took the first train to the north around 6 pm. Three trains, a bus, a boat, a bus, a car and 3,5 hours later I was where I was supposed to be. My mum, dad, little (not really) brother Jasper and sister Renée where there already. We visited a little church Sunday morning, after that it was time for a walk along the beach! The rest of the week was almost the same each day. Waking up at 9 am, breakfast for an hour and outside at 11 am. We rented some bikes for two/three days, my mum and dad took their bikes with them, behind the car, so that was easy. We biked all around the island, and stopped once in a while for a walk. Texel isn't too big, around 170 square kilometres, a length of 20 and around 8 kilometres wide. Other days we walked most of the time, and at night we we watched a movie (we visited the only cinema on the island), red a book or played a game. And we only had rain for one day, most of the time it was cloudy and sometimes sun, more or less. It was a very good week, it was great to be with my family for a long time and it was so nice to be outside whole days again.
Right now I'm gonna try to write an article about emigration to Canada, with the sound of guys and machines; they're cleaning the streets from all those crispy, nice smelling, colourfull leaves. How sad and weird!

No comments: