Thursday, February 22, 2007

Delft

These pics are a bit old as well. They are taken somewhere in November, when my mum and sister visited me in Delft. We climbed the tower of the New Church (108.75 meters; 2nd largest churchtower of the Netherlands) and you see the leaning Old Church.
The market with the city hall, seen from the tower, all the way up.

The the black and white thing is the mausoleum of Willem van Oranje, the first of the royal Dutch familiy. I would say the sculpture is real art... How beautiful.
In front of it, in the same picture you're able to see the entrance of the tombs of the Royal Dutch family (where they're still burried).








Here you can see how small the stairs are. And they keep on going, winding up and up and up and going and winding... Pfieuj. Dizzy.
I realise I didn't take a picture of the New Church itself, I'll try to get you a nice one soon.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fraai hoor, fraai! wanneer vertrek je op 9 maart? kan ik nog helpen uitzwaaien? kusje reempje