Monday, February 26, 2007

Preparations so far

Here's an update about my trip to Africa.
I've had two lariam pills so far and it didn't change me, as far as I know. No major physical or mental changes, so I'm hoping it will stay this way during all fifty weeks I've to take these pills. The fundraising for the project in Malawi went well; we washed cars and bikes at our school one day and earned € 235,-. The amount of money was doubled by the directrix. I also held two parties at my house, the beer was for free, but everybody who entered my house bumped into a box in which they had to dump their money. And, thanks to all party people, it contained more than € 350,- totally!!! It'll be on its way to Malawi soon.
Still need to do and/or get a lot of practical things. Empty and clean my room; from Thursday on, my room will be in subtenancy and I'll be living on our dark attic without windows. And I didn't finish my literature research yet either, there's just so much to do and so many people I have to see one more time before I leave. But whatever happens, I'll be flying to Malawi next Friday!! I'm getting more excited daily!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

om alvast te wennen aan het idee dat ik het over 1.5 week met een blog moet doen i.p.v. jou, kijk ik geregelt :-) echt balen dat je weer de hort op gaat, maar ik denk dat ik je in je leven nog velen malen zal moeten uitzwaaien.. meid, geniet ervan. kus, zus

Anonymous said...

Lotte!

I can't believe you're leaving already! The time flew by, at least for me...the anticipation has probably got the time a little slower for you :)

I pray you have a wonderful and healthy time in Africa, and that you enjoy it even more than you did Canada.

Please keep us up to date with your blog...I'll be waiting for pictures :)

With Love,
The Garretts

Anonymous said...

Lotje!
het begint nou wel steeds dichterbij te komen! hoelaat vertrek je volgende vrijdag van schiphol, misschien kan ik je nog komen uitzwaaien. donderdag nog een afscheid? of kom je over londen vliegen toevallig? dan hoef ik ook niet terug naar de lage landen. mail anders ff welke vlucht je hebt, kan ik een ticket boeken ;) (moet natuurlijk wel op tijd zijn!) kusje van je boxgenootje! succes met de laatste voorbereidingen! ik hou je in de gaten! en Iemand anders gaat ook met je mee, dus dat moet best goed komen! succes met de pillen, dikke doei vanuit een grote engelse stad! xxx
en Renee, ik zal je wel troosten als je het echt nodig hebt hoor! sterkte met zwaaien, ik oefen alvast! Lotje is living her dream! way to go sister! hou dit vol en gij zult spinazie eten!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lotte,
Africa soon eh??! I bet you are so excited! I am sure you will have an amazing time it is going to be a blast! Will you ever have access to a computer to write things on your blog or is it going to be a while until we hear from you again?? After Africa you should head back here to Canada again!! We would love to have you!!
Have fun and take any opportunity you can get!
Smiles,
Melissa

martine said...

Lotte,
have a nice time over there! Allee, ik bedoel alleen maar : stel 't wel daar in Malawi, geniet ervan, en 'k wens jullie een fijne stage, alle drie. Zorg voor mekaar!
Tot ziens, vrijdag in Zaventem.
Groetjes van Martine, de mama van Veerle

Veerle said...

Hei Lotte,
Spannend he.....
Ik zie er naar uit, naar ons vijf maandjes samen weg zijn (ik hoop jij ook)
Tot vrijdag....!
Groetjes, Veerle

Anonymous said...

Hoi Lotte,
Heel veel plezier de aankomende tijd in Afrika. Maak er een mooie tijd van.

Groetjes,
Trudy