Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Special day :D

This misty Tuesday, November 7th, is a very special day, because of two things that happened.
First of all I was able to throw a little piece of paper out of my agenda. That doesn't sound too special, does it? But it had been in there ever since the first week I was home from Canada. I need to write things down, otherwise I'll forget them, do them too late or I'll find myself in one big chaotic mess after a while... So, I created a big to-do list that seemed stuck in my agenda forever. But today... : ) yes, I was able to stripe the last thing away. Now my agenda looks a bit naked to me...

The second special something, is WAY more exciting! I heard that I'll be going to a foreign country for at least three months, eventhough I don't diserve it at all. As far as I deserve anything in my life, because every little thing is a blessing; my bed, bible, my heating, loving family, bread, education, friends, health. But this is just tóo crazy! I barely knew what I wanted, where or in what to graduate in, and now God came up with this plan... Better than anything I had come up with myself; HE's great, HE's the best!
I was thinking about a little game, so you readers could try to guess the exact country, but I háve to say it. It's in Africa; Malawi. It isn't totally sure; teachers still need to agree too, but at the other hand nothing is ever sure anyway.
You all know I'm in my fourth, final year right now and the graduation (I don't know the exact word, I mean finishing my study) is planned for the last half year. Till February I have to follow the last courses and from the 5th the graduation is planned. So my plan right now is to leave the Netherlands in March and end up in Malawi (in March too ;), together with two study friends. The whole February month is reserved for a literature study, so we'll get on the ice with decent skates. Haha, I don't know if the Canadian readers know what I mean by that, but I think you're able to guess the meaning of this Dutch saying...
So... for now it's even more difficult to concentrate, I'm thinking about getting needles, getting into planes, and I already got a travelbook from the library about Malawi.

For now, Khalani Bwino!

Lotte

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Lotte that is so wonderful!

Hope all your teachers agree so that we can read your blog from Africa!

Keep us posted :)

Leanne

Lotte said...

O, yes, I will!

Anonymous said...

Ms Lotte...
Well my dear...are you extending invitations for people to travel with you to Africa? I am envious but oh so happy for you!!! I just knew that God would open doors for you to take giant steps through!! I can hardly wait to tour Africa through you...always has been a dream of mine to visit Africa...so perhaps you will push me to make it a reality...Lord willing!!!
Keep on keeping on...study hard, work towards your goal and as always reach for the stars!!
Thinking of you and missing you...thanks for the photos...I love to see you in all the things you are doing.
Warm hugs,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Wauwie! nou ik beetje meer begrijp van je plannen, donders zeg! echt gaaf! jij ook afrikaans spreken, jij dat heel goed kunnen. of schold je mensen gewoon uit met je khalani bwino! je wordt echt multicultureel zo zeg! doerakje! groenten! xje