Sunday, April 20, 2008

Halleluja!

It's incredible how good it makes you feel to see some... thing... back, after missing it for just two weeks. And it's not even warm when you hug it. Let alone that it hugs you back...
You probably guessed right; my large backpack was dropped off yesterday, at the hostel in Harlem, where I used to stay :D
After the fourth completely sunny day in a row (which I used to discover East Village, its little park, and the surrounding neighbourhoods, with its parks too), I stopped by, to check if it was true what the DeltaAirlines-guy told me in the morning. (Are you noticing that I'm getting a bit suspicious?) The hostel is just around the corner, and even on the same block, as where Irene works, anyway. I hang around at his workplace a lot.
That's why I bought a book which claims 'You will learn to think in Spanish and you will know the beauty and rhytm of spoken Spanish.' Sweet, eh? And that for only fourteen dollars!

But from now on, I can read my bible again too! Seriously, that the best thing. And technically, I can go for a run, just don't know if I'll dare. Am getting more than enough odd looks in this hood, without running around :)
But I've more than enough fresh clothes now, of course. My bag turned into some magic treasure holder.

And I was going to say that I can FINALLY show you some pictures, and I already got started on selecting, because today the charger for the laptop arrived too. So, all computer trouble should be over from now on (I was fixing the charger every other day, stripping plastic from wires, twisting wires into eachother, wrapping tape around it). But it seems that I'm a complete jerk. At least...
I barely dare to tell you, but after a second search (first one very, very, well done, by the American customs; what a mess!), it seems that my camera chords are still at my bookshelf in my parents house... Darn!!

First thing tomorrow, after church. Digital camera shop, some where in New York. Don't know why I didn't come up with that plan a little earlier...
Now it's off to bed for me. While I can hear some children play outside on the street. And hear their mums talk and laugh. In the distant I hear a police car. Some teenagers are screamig at eachother.
Even with the two windows open, I wont need a blanket tonight, that's how warm it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lotte, didn't your daddy ask if it might be possible that you camera chord was still on the shelves in your bedroom. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes dad,

I admit.
You did.

:)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the pictures. See you in 4 hours!
Renée

Anonymous said...

on msn...

Anonymous said...

lekker warm dus! ben wel in voor een fotootje of wat, volgnes mij ben ik er net langs gescrolled... spannend! heerlijk dat je wel je eigen spullen weer hebt, wonderlijk dattie toch nog terug is gekomen! LEKKER! ik ga gauw naar de foto's, leuk zo'n inhaalrace waarislotte!
kusje reempje