Sunday, April 6, 2008

Work permit needed

Spoken of warm welcomes...
Can barely believe in how short of a time period, things can change, turn around, flip over. BIG time. And I'm surprised by how fast a human-being is able to adjust.

In short; I'm at the Halifax Backpackers Hostel right now, but I'm being deported back into New York City, tomorrow afternoon. To make sure I'll show up at the airport, they seized my passport.
And because it took the Immigration Service so long to do some paperwork, Delta Airlines had more than enough time, to loose my big backpack. Sigh... The only thing they know for sure about it, is that it wont be there, when I'm flying out tomorrow.
I have to stay in the United States till some paperwork is taken care of.

Guess that the good thing, is, that this time, I know my way around in NYC. And they can't take that Tim Hortons hot chocolate, plus bagels, from my stomach. And I've seen beautiful Nova Scotia already (awesome landscape, lots of forests with rocks, icy lakes etc. And my friendly, personal, bus driver told me that Halifax is the second largest harbor in the world, and the first place in Canada where Europeans settled).
And they have free internet in this hostel, so I will be able to upload some pictures for you. And I can go pick up the dirty socks which I left under the bed in the other hostel.

But that's about it. For the rest, it's just a pile of shit. Travel ALL the way back for some stupid paper. Fly, to NYC (probably two flights; over Boston again). Take the airtrain to the subway. Get a subway pass again. Be in the subway to a hostel downtown for an hour again...
But I just came up with another good thing; I don't have to carry my big clumsy back anymore!
Don't worry about me. Canada doesn't block me out this easily...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Shouldn't promise anything before thinking; the camera cord is in my big bag...
As is my towel.
The sunny side, is that this hostel is actually offering towels, free of charge.

You see? There's always a sunny side...

Veerle said...

Geen stinkende Lotte dus?
Das inderdaad mooi (en verrassend) nieuws :-)
Voor de rest natuurlijk wel allemaal heel erg!!
Ik hoop dat je alles gauw rond hebt en lekker kan genieten van Canada!
Want Amerika blijft toch maar Amerka lijkt me.....

Dikke missende kus!!

Anonymous said...

"Ik zou je wel even een aai over je bol willen geven."
Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Ms. Lotte....
I am now more worried than ever about you!!! You have my number and my email if you need me to do anything...anything at all, please let me know. Please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please be safe and remember I will do what I can to help you!!!
Let me know when you can where you are and how things are.
Warm hugs,
Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

Koppige tante.
Renée

Anonymous said...

Uh oh... take care.. :\

Anonymous said...

heee stoere meid! hehe lekker bezig lot, heerlijk hoe je schrijft en wat je allemaal meemaakt! zo vet dat je terug gaat naar canada, moet heerlijk voor je zijn! wanneer ben je weer terug in nederland? mis je voetbal al? ikke wel (een van de enige dingen die ik echt mis en mn boterham met kaas..) geniet en tot even een poosje! kusjes ed

Veerle said...

Intussen zijn we een weekje verder. Ik hoop dat je nu al lekker in Canada vertoeft, je bagage is aangekomen en je gewoon kan genieten van je oorspronkelijke plan!
En dat je gauw wat nieuws post en ook een paar fotootjes om ons te doen watertanden.....

Hou je sterk meid!

Anonymous said...

lang leve de bureaucratie! :( nu ja, gelukkig kun je er ook de positieve dingen van inzien! top! hou je taai! ach ja, God is erbij, komt best goed toch?! kusje reempje

Anonymous said...

lang leve de bureaucratie! :( nu ja, gelukkig kun je er ook de positieve dingen van inzien! top! hou je taai! ach ja, God is erbij, komt best goed toch?! kusje reempje