Monday, April 14, 2008

Lotte in NYC - update

Hi there!

Yeah. I guess I actually do have some news for you. As far as I got some things clear now, I could try to enter Canada as a visitor. But even if they will let me in, they will track my steps, and I can't do any work till I get a work permit. And, of course, if I'll work before I get the permit, and something bad happens, me and some farmer will be in more than just 'some' trouble.
First step, for the permit, is a criminal check from the Dutch Ministry of Justice, via my home town hall. Which may take weeks. And after that, there's still the application for the permit itself. Which takes weeks. For sure. Guess NewYork will get to know me a little better. Or is it the other way around? :)
And after an unknown number of weeks, I should be able to pick up my old plan.

Still no pictures. 'Cause till last Thursday, there was this mix of hope, and thoughts, in me, which made me believe I was leaving the US in this past weekend. That's why I hadn't made the phone call to get my bag from Halifax into NY again. But now my bag should be on its way tomorrow.

I'm staying at a friends (Irene) place in the Bronx now. Hope I can find some illegal work to keep the costs of staying in this expensive city down. Plus, I want to have something to do too. Something more than visiting the laundromat, which I will do tomorrow. One of those real one's, you know. With huge washing machines. And two hours waiting.
By the way, spring has been hitting this city the past week; lots of the trees are in full pinkish bloom. Am enjoying some spring air in my t-shirt and summer jacket, walking around some blocks, here in the Bronx. Or in Harlem, where Irene works.

Show you some pictures as soon as possible.
For now, good night.

5 comments:

Veerle said...

Lieve schat!

Ik hoop dat je het naar je zin hebt in die reuzegrote stad

Ben wel benieuwd waar je dan werkt... En of er daar in NY geen controle op komt, want ook daar heb je toch geen werkvergunning dacht ik....

Hou je sterk meid!
Ik denk aan je

Anonymous said...

your update!
thanks

remarkable gift you have
serenity

or is it just the text
and my interpretation?

imagine you in T-shirt in the Bronx
and that becomes as good as your pictures

love you bunches,

bennie
delft

Anonymous said...

Ai, that sucks! Petje af voor je flexibele manier om met dat soort dingen om te gaan. Hou je haaks!

Anonymous said...

hola lot! jeetje wat vervelend dat je tas er nogsteeds niet is..maar ik denk dat NY blij mag zijn om jou even te leren kennen:) wat cool dat je mischien ook spaans gaat leren, als je weer terug komt? maar ga je weer bij je ouders wonen? of studeren tussen de leidse chicks? en blijf je wel bij ariston??! doe maar! zie je weer als we weer allebei in nederland zijn! en geniet ervan, mooi avontuurtje lijkt me zo daar in die grote stad en straks op naar t platteland! heel veel plezier,kus ed

Anonymous said...

Lotte in THE Bronx and Harlem! wat een geluksbeer en pechvogel ben jij tegelijk toch ook he?! wel leuk om je avonturen te lezen... net echt... huh? het is echt! lijkt net een boek wat zich voor de ogen van je fantasie voortrekt... ga zo door zuster en gij zult spinazie eten!
Lot is top.nl kusje reempje