Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jogging

Yeah. Today was my first time to be one of the 'participating-healthy-running-around'-people. Instead of the 'O-help-I'm-in-the-way-and-there-are-joggers-everywhere'-tourists. It is nice to feel my tired legs, and it was nice to get around Central Park so fast :)
Got dressed in suitable clothes, took my iPod, phone, 5 dollars and my Metrocard. Stayed in the park for hours, didn't run all the time, though. And after my first lap around the big water reservoir I started getting blisters from my short socks. So I went outside the park, walked some blocks, and bought long socks. It keeps being a crazy mix of nature and city.

Today was another first day for something else. Clouded skies, for the first time in one and a halve week. It was blue skies and a warm sun for a long time. Thursday my shoulders even got sun burned. In April...
But last night it rained, and the whole world did get this lovely smell around her. That smell that the world gets, when there have been some showers after a lot of sun. Think you know what I mean.
Men, I just sneezed for like 17th time today! Despite all sunny weather I picked up a cold somewhere.

By the way, I can remember that I left this city, regretting that I didnt had a chance to go for a run in Central Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful...
kusje reempje

Anonymous said...

Lotte!!
Mooie verhalen en schitterende foto's! Het lijkt er op dat je ondanks de tegenslagen toch geniet... Zondag in de kerk hebben we nog voor je gebeden, er wordt met je meegeleefd!

liefs Dianne